In this episode, we are joined by Dr. Eugene Choi, a transformational coach who has significantly influenced my life. Listen in as we discuss the intersection of physical performance, brain science, and productivity and how these elements can be leveraged to help us achieve our goals.
Tune in as we navigate the survival mode of the brain and its impact on productivity. We also discuss emotional regulation and its role in enhancing performance. We delve into how training and experience can maintain focus and calm in perilous situations, such as Navy SEAL missions. In addition, we talk about the difference between human and animal reactions to fear and how understanding this can help us tap into that extra 1% of performance.
Listen in for a jam-packed episode!
In this episode, you will hear about:
- How understanding brain science can improve physical performance and productivity.
- Switching between survival and executive modes.
- Identifying our fight, flight, and freeze responses, and better emotional regulation.
- How governments subtly take money from individuals through mechanisms like inflation.
- How training and experience can help maintain focus and calm in high-pressure situations.
- Importance of recognizing and labeling emotions for managing our survival state brain and enhancing performance.
Resources from this episode:
- Bio: https://www.neurohackingpodcast.com/about
- Website: https://destinyhacks.co
- Website2: https://www.neurohackingschool.com/?ref=destinyhacks_navbar
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eugenekchoi/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/eugenekchoi/
Follow and Review:
We’d love for you to follow us if you haven’t yet. Click that purple ‘+’ in the top right corner of your Apple Podcasts app. We’d love it even more if you could drop a review or 5-star rating over on Apple Podcasts. Simply select “Ratings and Reviews” and “Write a Review” then a quick line with your favorite part of the episode. It only takes a second and it helps spread the word about the podcast.